Article: 261508 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 41x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:30:45 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

HOCUS POCUS
***********

We experienced the limitations of science when we went to
the stars -- the distances and energies involved in
interstellar travel were unachievable by our technology.
We returned to our roots and rediscovered the secrets of
magic, a practice unbound by the limitations of Newton
and Einstein.

Now, the engine rooms of our starships resound with the
eldritch chantings of necromancers, performing bizarre
rituals to bend space to their wills.  Horrifying denizens
of other dimensions are summoned and bound to reactors,
their energies harnessed for our use.

Mirror, hold all calls; I've got hostile aliens on line one.

Where's that doll?

--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction