Article: 261634 of talk.bizarre
From: Andrew Solberg <andsol@cml.rice.edu>
Newsgroups: talk.bizarre
Subject: 97x100
Date: 1 Dec 1995 21:46:51 -0500
Sender: nobody@athos.itribe.net

XENOBIOLOGY 101
***************

"Watch," instructed Donovan, pointing through the one-way
mirror.  On the other side, a Ganymedean phrike was stalking
a nightmorg in their steamy habitat.  The phrike approached
within six meters and quivered.  The nightmorg instantly
keeled over, and the hunter began to feed.

"An autopsy will reveal the 'morg died of natural causes,"
Donovan informed his class.  "Stroke....heart attack....renal
failure....The phrike appears to catalyze ordinary death."

"Aren't we awfully close?" shuddered a student.  Donovan smiled.

"No, we're....<kaff>...."  A gasp rose as Donovan staggered.

He straightened, a twinkle in his eye.  "Now, if you'll settle
down, we'll proceed."
--
This post is COPYRIGHT 1995, Andrew Solberg.  All rights reserved.
Standard usenet distribution is acceptable; other forms of reproduction